Scaffolders are usually exposed to a number of unique risks due to working at height, therefore it is extremely important to get the right level of cover which will protect you and your clients should any accidents happen. The type of insurance you will need as a scaffold or scaffolding company is most likely public liability insurance, although it is also worth considering personal accident insurance.
Our insurance experts at Central Insurance Brokers have the experience and knowledge to provide scaffolders with a tailored insurance quote that will cover all of your needs and potential liabilities. Whether you are a sole trader to a national scaffolding company, our experts can provide you with insurance that is perfect for you.
Safety Decking Liability Insurance
As well as having experience providing cover for traditional scaffolding, Central Insurance Brokers have specialist experience in providing liability insurance for a type of scaffolding known as safety decking or “Safe Deck”. Make sure you are covered for all potential risks and liabilities with Central Insurance.
We also provide cover for all types of scaffolding such as:
- Birdcage Scaffolding
- Safety Decking or Crash Decking
- Hoists & Waste Chutes
- Scaffolding Safety Netting
- Access Scaffolding
- And more
What Does Scaffolding Liability Insurance Cover?
- Public Liability (up to £10,000,000)
Despite all modern safety requirements, most scaffolding jobs can create a potential risk to the general public. This makes public liability insurance well worth considering, even if it isn’t a legal requirement. It will cover you for any claims against damage, loss or injury to third parties by your scaffolding installation. If you are proved to be at fault this will cover the cost of compensation.
- Employers LiabilityAs scaffolding does have a unique set of risks it is important to get the right cover for your employees. Unlike public liability, employers liability is a legal requirement in the UK. This will cover claims from employees in case of any accidents that your employees may have onsite that cause bodily injury or damages.
- Indemnity to Principal
As a contractor you will be required to provide an indemnity to a principal. This will be including within the liability cover and is required for most contracting companies. If you are a contractor and have any contractual requirements relating to insurance which you do not fully understand please get in touch with our insurance experts.
Get in touch with Central Insurance Brokers today for your tailored quote via the form on this page or alternative call us on 01253 764924
Scaffolding Liability Insurance FAQs
- Do Scaffolders Need Public Liability Insurance?
It is not a legal requirement in the United Kingdom to have public liability insurance. However it is highly recommended, and with the amount of potential risks involved with construction sites it is best to be covered for the worse case scenarios.
- Do Scaffolders Need Employers Liability Insurance
If you have one or more employees, employers liability insurance is a legal requirement in the UK. Not having employers liability insurance could be a costly mistake too, for each day you are not correctly insured you can incur a fine of up to £2,500.
- What Other Types of Insurance Might I Need as a Scaffolder?
Liability insurance is not the only need for scaffolders across the UK, you may also benefit from the following, as these cover some of the other common risks of working in construction.
- Plant and machinery insurance
- Business equipment insurance
- Tool insurance
Why Use Central Insurance
Benefits of using Central Insurance Blackpool:
- Long-established broker since the 1980s
- Instant online quotation with access to dozens of other insurers offline
- We search the market every year to ensure you're always getting the best deal
- Claims team with over 26 years of experience, dedicated to helping you