Property Portfolio Insurance

Central Insurance Services

Our experts understand the needs and requirements for insuring your portfolio and currently provide tailored packages for a range of clients, some with up to 200 properties in their portfolio. We also have exclusive deals and offers with insurance companies for such policies.

From our experience of insuring large property portfolios we understand that no two portfolios are the same and, depending on the type of property, can range from insuring low risk residential environments to high risk commercial properties. We deal with a wide range of selected insurance providers to ensure your cover is a perfect match for your business needs.

Commercial Property Portfolio Insurance

Being based in Blackpool, Central Insurance Brokers have a fantastic history of providing commercial landlord insurance for businesses such as shops, hotels and beauty salons. This type of cover is also required for flats placed above shops as business is transacted elsewhere in the property. We can cover any size of commercial property portfolio from 5 or 6 properties to over 200.

Residential Property Portfolio Insurance

If you have a property portfolio consisting of residential properties such as flats and houses which you are looking to insure under the same policy, Central Insurance Brokers can provide you with expert advice to make sure you are covered, whatever happens.

What Does Property Portfolio Insurance Cover?

Buy to Let Property Insurance provides cover for items such as:

Residential, Commercial or Mixed

Property portfolios can contain a variety of residential and commercial properties, so we always offer flexible cover which is tailored to your portfolio by experts at Central Insurance Brokers.


Buildings insurance covers damage to property, which could be caused by anything from a burst pipe to a fire.


Subsidence is caused by unstable foundations and causes building foundations to sink into the ground, this can then cause damage to a property by cracks inside and outside of the property.

Property Owners Liability

When dealing with the general public, liability insurance is one of the most important aspects of insurance to consider. Property portfolios are no different and having liability insurance will protect you from any hefty payouts in the case of an accident

Loss of Rent

If your property is damaged in an insured event such as a fire and is no longer habitable by a paying tenant loss of rent insurance will cover any income lost.

Optional Landlords’ contents

Contents insurance is there to cover items in buy-to-let properties that aren’t part of the property, such as fixtures and fittings, appliances and free standing furniture.

Get in touch with Central Insurance Brokers today for your tailored quote via the form on this page or alternative call us on 01253 764924.

Central Insurance Services

Property Portfolio Insurance FAQs

Do commercial and residential properties need to be held under the same policy?

If you have a portfolio with both commercial and residential properties which require cover, they do not need to be held under the same policy. This is something that will be discussed when you contact one of our portfolio insurance specialists to make sure that you get the best out of your cover.

Do all my properties have to be under one policy with the same renewal date?

It is more financially viable to have all properties under one property. However, Central Insurance understands that each landlord is different and may require a different approach, so as this isn’t a necessity it can be discussed upon receiving your quotation.

How flexible are the policies which you provide, such as removing and adding properties?

Property portfolios change and as it does, so can your insurance cover. As you acquire new properties and sell others your insurance cover can be changed to accommodate for this.

How many properties can be covered under one property portfolio?

There is no set limit on how many properties can be covered by one policy and generally, anything more than 5 properties is classed as a portfolio.

What areas do Central Insurance Brokers serve?

Central Insurance Brokers provides cover nationwide, we are based in Blackpool on the Fylde Coast which has given us a wide range of experience providing cover for landlords with large property portfolios.

Central Insurance Services

Why Choose Central Insurance?

The most competitive premiums, every year

Our experienced broking team will ensure you don't just get the best price in the first year, you'll receive the best quote year on year.

You're in safe hands

All of our team at Central Insurance have been here for at least 10 years, gaining valuable experience in not only general insurance but also understanding our clients' specific insurance requirements inside out.

Dedicated claims assistance

Had trouble with claims in the past? Our in-house claims team are on hand to assist you with any insurance claim, acting on your behalf with corresponding with your insurance company.

Central Insurance Services

Latest News & Blog

How to Avoid Underinsurance

Ensure you have the right amount of cover Suitable insurance forms a vital part of business continuity planning – but how can you be sure that you are buying the right amount of cover?  Below we share some top tips from How to avoid underinsurance – A guide for small and medium-sized businesses produced by the British […]

What our clients say

Excellent service. Greg at Central Insurance sorted my insurance quickly and at a good price. Highly recommended.
Andrew Witts
Central beat my existing premium by over £200 for my property portfolio. They also dealt with a broken glass claim for us promptly.
Yard Club Ltd
Google Rating
Google Reviews

5.0 from 12 reviews