Landlord Insurance Brokers

Central Insurance Services

Landlord insurance is not a legal requirement in the United Kingdom, however it is highly recommended to get covered for any potential risks which come hand in hand with owning properties. Such as accidental or malicious damage by tenants, employers or property owners liability and loss of rent due to uninhabitable conditions or tenant related issues.

The cost of business landlord insurance can vary on a range of factors from the condition of the property, security measures in place on the property and the level of cover required. Central Insurance Brokers will always go above and beyond to make sure the cover you receive perfectly matched with your properties needs.

Our experts at Central Insurance Brokers protect hundreds of landlord’s investments in Blackpool and throughout the United Kingdom. We contact a selected range of A rated insurers on your behalf every year to ensure you are always getting the best possible deal on your landlord insurance.

Property Portfolio Insurance

If you are a landlord with a large property portfolio and require insurance for a group of properties whether you have commercial, residential or mixed properties Central Insurance Brokers also offer property portfolio insurance. We have the experience and expertise to get you the best cover at competitive premiums, with a history of providing cover for clients with over 200 properties in their portfolio.

What Does Landlord Insurance Cover?

Buy to Let Property Insurance provides cover for items such as:


Buildings insurance covers damage to your buy-to-let property, which could be caused by events such as floods.


Subsidence is caused by unstable foundations and causes building foundations to sink into the ground, this can then cause damage to a property by cracks inside and outside of the property.

Property Owners Liability

When dealing with the general public, liability insurance is one of the most important aspects of insurance to consider. Property portfolios are no different and having liability insurance will protect you from any hefty payouts in the case of an accident

Loss of Rent

If your buy-to-let property is damaged in an insured event such as a flood and is no longer habitable by a paying tenant loss of rent insurance will cover any income lost.

Optional Landlords’ contents

Contents insurance is there to cover items in buy-to-let properties that aren’t part of the property, such as fixtures and fittings, appliances and free standing furniture.

Get in touch with Central Insurance Brokers today for your tailored quote via the form on this page or alternative call us on 01253 764924.

Central Insurance Services

Landlord Insurance FAQs

Is Landlord Insurance a Legal Requirement?

No, landlord insurance is not a legal requirement in the United Kingdom. However, at Central Insurance Brokers, we would highly recommend that you are covered against any potential risks which are associated with owning and renting properties.

What Level of Landlord Insurance Do I Need?

Each property is unique and so should be the policy that covers it. The amount of landlord buildings insurance will be based on the rebuild value and the contents insurance will be based on the value of total contents covered.

Do Landlords Need Public Liability Insurance?

As a landlord public liability insurance is not a legal requirement. It is recommended though as it covers you against accidents on your property which you could be seen as at fault for. This will cover damages towards the claimant, legal costs and the claimant’s legal costs.

Do Landlords Need Contents Insurance?

In most cases, landlords that provide furnished or part-furnished properties will opt for contents insurance. Landlords contents insurance will cover against damage or theft, which can be a risk when renting properties to tenants.

What areas do Central Insurance Brokers serve?

Central Insurance Brokers provides cover nationwide, we are based in Blackpool on the Fylde Coast which has given us a wide range of experience providing cover for landlords with large property portfolios.

Personal Insurance

Why Choose Central Insurance?

The most competitive premiums, every year

Our experienced broking team will ensure you don't just get the best price in the first year, you'll receive the best quote year on year.

You're in safe hands

All of our team at Central Insurance have been here for at least 10 years, gaining valuable experience in not only general insurance but also understanding our clients' specific insurance requirements inside out.

Dedicated claims assistance

Had trouble with claims in the past? Our in-house claims team are on hand to assist you with any insurance claim, acting on your behalf with corresponding with your insurance company.

Central Insurance Services

Latest News & Blog

How to Avoid Underinsurance

Ensure you have the right amount of cover Suitable insurance forms a vital part of business continuity planning – but how can you be sure that you are buying the right amount of cover?  Below we share some top tips from How to avoid underinsurance – A guide for small and medium-sized businesses produced by the British […]

What our clients say

Excellent service. Greg at Central Insurance sorted my insurance quickly and at a good price. Highly recommended.
Andrew Witts
Central beat my existing premium by over £200 for my property portfolio. They also dealt with a broken glass claim for us promptly.
Yard Club Ltd
Google Rating
Google Reviews

5.0 from 12 reviews