Buy-to-Let Insurance Brokers

Central Insurance Services

Buy to Let insurance cover offers a different type of cover to standard home insurance and is required if you are renting your property out to tenants. It is a type of Landlords insurance and as Landlords ourselves, we have plenty of expertise in this area.

If you are planning on buying a property for the sole purpose of letting it out, Central Insurance can help you ensure you have the right level of cover and avoid any nasty surprises further down the line.

What Does Buy-to-let Insurance Cover?

Property owners liability

When dealing with the general public, liability insurance is one of the most important aspects of insurance to consider. Property portfolios are no different and having liability insurance will protect you from any hefty payouts in the case of an accident

Buildings insurance

Buildings insurance covers damage to your buy-to-let property. Central Insurance will help you calculate the right amount of buildings cover, bespoke to your property.

Loss of rent

If your buy-to-let property is damaged in an insured event such as a flood and is no longer habitable by a paying tenant loss of rent insurance will cover any income loss.

Alternative accommodation

In the case of an event that makes your building inhabitable, such as a fire, as a landlord you would be responsible for alternative accommodation. This insurance would cover the cost of said accommodation for the duration of time that the building is not in a livable condition.

Optional landlords’ contents

Contents insurance is there to cover items in buy-to-let properties that aren’t part of the property, such as fixtures and fittings, appliances and free standing furniture.

Get in touch with Central Insurance Brokers today for your tailored quote via the form on this page or alternative call us on 01253 764924.

Central Insurance Services

Buy-to-Let Insurance FAQs

Is Buy-to-Let Insurance a Legal Requirement?

No. All types of landlord insurance are not legal requirements in the United Kingdom. Although most buy-to-let mortgages will require you to have some form of landlord insurance.

What Level of Property Insurance Do I Need?

Each property is unique and so should be the policy that covers it. As mentioned above, buildings insurance will be based on the rebuild value and the contents insurance will be based on the value of total contents covered

Do I Need Public Liability Insurance?

When renting out a property in the UK, liability insurance is not a legal requirement. It is recommended though as it covers you against accidents on your property which you could be seen as at fault for.

Do I Need Contents Insurance?

In most cases, landlords that provide furnished or part-furnished properties will opt for contents insurance. This covers against damage or theft, which can be a risk when renting properties to tenants.

What areas do Central Insurance Brokers serve?

Central Insurance Brokers provides cover nationwide, we are based in Blackpool on the Fylde Coast which has given us a wide range of experience providing cover for landlords with large property portfolios.

Personal Insurance

Why Choose Central Insurance?

The most competitive premiums, every year

Our experienced broking team will ensure you don't just get the best price in the first year, you'll receive the best quote year on year.

You're in safe hands

All of our team at Central Insurance have been here for at least 10 years, gaining valuable experience in not only general insurance but also understanding our clients' specific insurance requirements inside out.

Dedicated claims assistance

Had trouble with claims in the past? Our in-house claims team are on hand to assist you with any insurance claim, acting on your behalf with corresponding with your insurance company.

Central Insurance Services

Latest News & Blog

How to Avoid Underinsurance

Ensure you have the right amount of cover Suitable insurance forms a vital part of business continuity planning – but how can you be sure that you are buying the right amount of cover?  Below we share some top tips from How to avoid underinsurance – A guide for small and medium-sized businesses produced by the British […]

What our clients say

Excellent service. Greg at Central Insurance sorted my insurance quickly and at a good price. Highly recommended.
Andrew Witts
Central beat my existing premium by over £200 for my property portfolio. They also dealt with a broken glass claim for us promptly.
Yard Club Ltd
Google Rating
Google Reviews

5.0 from 12 reviews