Commercial Property Insurance Brokers

Commercial Property Insurance Brokers Blackpool


Commercial property insurance is used to cover any commercial property. This includes properties such as; offices, residential properties for renting, manufacturing facilities, retailers and hotels.

It is used to cover the property itself and any contents or equipment from the risk of disasters. The cover you need will depend on the type of property you are looking to insure, for example a landlord will have different insurance requirements to that of an owner of an office where staff are present.

Central Insurnace Brokers are experts when it comes to commercial property insurance and will provide you with a quote that perfectly suits the needs of your portfolio.


Do I need Commercial Property Insurance?

It is not a legal requirement in the UK. However, it is highly recommended by both insurance companies and business owners. The reason being is that it covers against most of the risks of commercial property ownership. For example, if a fire broke out in a residential property you are renting, your insurance could cover:

  • Loss of rent, due to your property being inhabitable
  • Damaged or destroyed equipment and furnishings
  • Building repairs or re-build
  • Costs of temporary alternative accommodation for tenants


What Type of Commercial Property Insurance Do I Need?

There are two main types of commercial property insurance, buildings and contents insurance. Below is a break-down of what each one covers:


Buildings Insurance for Commercial Properties

This covers the cost of repairs to your property if it is damaged as well as covering the cost of a full-rebuild (including associated fees) if your building is destroyed. Because of this, it is always important to make sure your building is insurance to the rebuild value and not the current market value.

In the UK, buildings insurance is not required by law but most mortgage providers will require it as part of the agreement.

It is the landlord's responsibility to take out buildings insurance, however as a tenant you may want to protect your stock, belongings or equipment with contents insurance.


Contents Insurance for Commercial Properties

This covers the cost of replacing the contents of your property if damaged or stolen, you may want to consider this if:

  • You’re a landlord renting fully or part furnished properties
  • You’re renting office space with furnishings or equipment supplied
  • You own a business and want cover the equipment in your office
  • You own a retail business and want cover your stock

If you own a retail business and are insuring your stock, you will want to insure against its cost price, not retail price.

More on Commercial Property Insurance from Central Insurance Brokers

If you are looking for more information on commercial property insurance, you may be interested in:


Why Use Central Insurance

Benefits of using Central Insurance Blackpool:

  • Long-established broker since the 1980s
  • Instant online quotation with access to dozens of other insurers offline
  • We search the market every year to ensure you're always getting the best deal
  • Claims team with over 26 years of experience, dedicated to helping you