Buy-to-Let Insurance Brokers

Buy-to-Let Insurance Brokers Blackpool


Buy to Let insurance cover offers a different type of cover to standard home insurance and is required if you are renting your property out to tenants. It is a type of Landlords insurance and as Landlords ourselves, we have plenty of expertise in this area.

If you are planning on buying a property for the sole purpose of letting it out, Central Insurance can help you ensure you have the right level of cover and avoid any nasty surprises further down the line.


What Does Buy-to-let Insurance Cover?

  • Property Owners Liability
    When dealing with the general public, liability insurance is one of the most important aspects of insurance to consider. Property portfolios are no different and having liability insurance will protect you from any hefty payouts in the case of an accident

  • Buildings insurance
    Buildings insurance covers damage to your buy-to-let property. Central Insurance will help you calculate the right amount of buildings cover, bespoke to your property.

  • Loss of Rent
    If your buy-to-let property is damaged in an insured event such as a flood and is no longer habitable by a paying tenant loss of rent insurance will cover any income loss.

  • Alternative accommodation
    In the case of an event that makes your building inhabitable, such as a fire, as a landlord you would be responsible for alternative accommodation. This insurance would cover the cost of said accommodation for the duration of time that the building is not in a livable condition.

  • Optional Landlords’ contents
    Contents insurance is there to cover items in buy-to-let properties that aren’t part of the property, such as fixtures and fittings, appliances and free standing furniture.

Get in touch with Central Insurance Brokers today for your tailored quote via the form on this page or alternative call us on 01253 764924


Get a Quote


Buy-to-Let Insurance FAQs

  • Is Buy-to-Let Insurance a Legal Requirement?
    No. All types of landlord insurance are not legal requirements in the United Kingdom. Although most buy-to-let mortgages will require you to have some form of landlord insurance.

  • What Level of Property Insurance Do I Need?
    Each property is unique and so should be the policy that covers it. As mentioned above, buildings insurance will be based on the rebuild value and the contents insurance will be based on the value of total contents covered.

  • Do I Need Public Liability Insurance?
    When renting out a property in the UK, liability insurance is not a legal requirement. It is recommended though as it covers you against accidents on your property which you could be seen as at fault for.

  • Do I Need Contents Insurance?
    In most cases, landlords that provide furnished or part-furnished properties will opt for contents insurance. This covers against damage or theft, which can be a risk when renting properties to tenants.

  • What areas do Central Insurance Brokers serve?
    Central Insurance Brokers provides cover nationwide, we are based in Blackpool on the Fylde Coast which has given us a wide range of experience providing cover for landlords with large property portfolios.


Why Use Central Insurance

Benefits of using Central Insurance Blackpool:

  • Long-established broker since the 1980s
  • Instant online quotation with access to dozens of other insurers offline
  • We search the market every year to ensure you're always getting the best deal
  • Claims team with over 26 years of experience, dedicated to helping you