Builders Public Liability Insurance Brokers

Central Insurance Services

Public liability insurance for construction work will cover you or your business against things you are responsible for and also external events which are out of your control.

Whether you are self employed or the owner of a construction firm, our insurance experts have the experience and knowledge to provide you with a tailored insurance quote that will cover all of your needs and potential liabilities.

If you are self employed you may also want to consider other insurance types such as, income protection insurance and critical illness insurance as well as tool insurance.

What Does Builders Liability Insurance Cover?

Public Liability

Even with modern safety requirements it is fairly common that building sites pose a large risk to the general public. This makes public liability insurance well worth considering, even if it isn’t a legal requirement. It will cover you for any claims against damage, loss or injury to third parties. If you are proved to be at fault this will cover the cost of compensation.

Employers Liability

Using heavy machinery and sharp tools increases the level of risk, so it is important to get the right cover for your employees. Unlike public liability, employers liability is a legal requirement in the UK. This will cover claims from employees in case of any accidents that your employees may have onsite that cause bodily injury or damages.

Indemnity to Principal

When working as a contractor you will be required to provide an indemnity to a principal. This will be including within the liability cover and is required for most contracting companies. If you are a contractor and have any contractual requirements relating to insurance which you do not fully understand please get in touch with our insurance experts.

Get in touch with Central Insurance Brokers today for your tailored quote via the form on this page or alternative call us on 01253 764924.

Central Insurance Services

Builders Liability Insurance FAQs

Do Builders Need Public Liability Insurance?

It is not a legal requirement in the United Kingdom to have public liability insurance. However it is highly recommended, and with the amount of potential risks involved with construction sites it is best to be covered for the worse case scenarios.

Do Building Companies Need Employers Liability Insurance

If you have one or more employees, employers liability insurance is a legal requirement in the UK. Not having employers liability insurance could be a costly mistake too, for each day you are not correctly insured you can incur a fine of up to £2,500.

What Other Types of Insurance Might I Need as a Builder?

Liability insurance is not the only insurance need for builders in the UK, depending on your business or if you are self employed you may also want to consider:

  • Plant and machinery insurance
  • Business equipment insurance
  • Tool insurance
Central Insurance Services

Why Choose Central Insurance?

The most competitive premiums, every year

Our experienced broking team will ensure you don't just get the best price in the first year, you'll receive the best quote year on year.

You're in safe hands

All of our team at Central Insurance have been here for at least 10 years, gaining valuable experience in not only general insurance but also understanding our clients' specific insurance requirements inside out.

Dedicated claims assistance

Had trouble with claims in the past? Our in-house claims team are on hand to assist you with any insurance claim, acting on your behalf with corresponding with your insurance company.

Central Insurance Services

Latest News & Blog

How to Avoid Underinsurance

Ensure you have the right amount of cover Suitable insurance forms a vital part of business continuity planning – but how can you be sure that you are buying the right amount of cover?  Below we share some top tips from How to avoid underinsurance – A guide for small and medium-sized businesses produced by the British […]

What our clients say

Excellent service. Greg at Central Insurance sorted my insurance quickly and at a good price. Highly recommended.
Andrew Witts
Central beat my existing premium by over £200 for my property portfolio. They also dealt with a broken glass claim for us promptly.
Yard Club Ltd
Google Rating
Google Reviews

5.0 from 12 reviews